tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 16 06:24:06 1996

Re: Coffee

>Klingons definitely know what coffee is.  The word, provided by Marc Okrand
>to Dr. Schoen, is {qa'vIn}.  Obviously a borrow of "caffeine", which
>unfortunately leaves us wondering how to distinguish the drug from its most
>popular solution in Klingon . . .

On the other hand, we don't have to come up with words for Jolt, Mountain
Dew, etc, which, for us programmers, is a Good Thing :-)

-John

[ [email protected] - Printerweg 40, 3821 AD Amersfoort, Netherlands ]
[ fax (31) 33-4535335      Hoeveel flippo's is 1 airmile?                ]

Back to archive top level