tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 15 12:33:11 1996

Re: "Kahless" story book

>One thing I liked in the book (well, I liked the whole book and story;
>I'm not troubled over the language) is the "jinaq" amulet - the symbol of
>betrothal that Kahless and his beloved where.  If you take the spelling to
>be jInaQ "I be full, whole, entire" it is a very nice token of betrothal.
>I don't know where he got the idea, but I'll give him credit for what is
>to me a very nice concept.

<TNG episode "Birthright, Part II">Daq wa'DIch lo'lu'.
It was first used in the TNG episode "Birthright, Part II".

Can wa'DIch be used adjectivally like this?  Actually now that I look at
my sentence, it seems confusing to me.  "The first was used..." The first
what?  Can anyone tell me how to say "It was first used..."?

dave yeung

Back to archive top level