tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 15 06:18:57 1996

KLBC:taHvIS

I have just been working through David Barron's excellent postal course [no charge for the
plug !] and in lesson 5 ...

	maQochtaHvIS

is translated as "while we were disagreeing"

wouldn't "while we disagree" be a better translation ?

-taH implies that the action is ongoing.

It seems impossible to say "while we were disagreeing" using this type of construction as
you would need -pu' to indicate that the action is over, but -vIS requires -taH, another vsx7 !

Comments please

nuqHm

Back to archive top level