tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 14 17:13:13 1996

Re: The Klingon Way (New Words Part 3)

lo'tar writes:
>cha'DIch vIleghbe'  [I haven't seen second (part).]
>qangeH cha'logh     [send it a second time.]
>Please forgive mistakes, if there are some and correct.

I'm unsure about using {cha'DIch} as a noun in this way.  It seems to have
a specific meaning relating to a matter of honor and challenge, identical
to the english noun "second" in a duel.  Why not make the "part" explicit?
{'ay' cha'DIch vIleghbe'} "I didn't see the second section."

{qangeH} is a simple statement: "you send me."  First, I don't think you
wanted him to send *you* somewhere; you probably want him to send *it*.
Second, to make it a command, it must have an imperative verb prefix:
{yIngeH} "Send it."

{cha'logh} acts like an adverb; as such, it should come at the beginning
of a sentence.  But then it would say "Send it twice", not "send it again."
The type 3 verb suffix {-qa'} carries the "again" meaning, which is closer
to what "a second time" means: {yIngeHqa'} "Send it again."

>lo'tar            batlh tera'ngan

What's {batlh tera'ngan} supposed to mean?  "The honor's Terran"?
If you mean "an honored Terran", that would be {tera'ngan quv}.