tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 11 17:42:21 1996

Worf's name

Well, in fact, I didn't. We got wo'rIv from the Skybox cards published
in HolQeD 5:2 (along with the one new word from the cards --- and I'm
surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet: Ha'quj = sash.) We were earlier
told on the mailing list, by someone who'd had a chat with Okrand (was it
David Barron? And by the way, David, you *have* received my comments on
your opera, haven't you?), that it was wI'orv. A search for wI'orv on
the mailing list should reveal the attribution.

Still, wo'rIv appears in print, and follows Klingon phonotactics, so I don't
exactly have a problem with it.

--
 Nick Nicholas. Linguistics, Uni. Melbourne.   Dera m"e xham"e t"e larm"e,
 [email protected]            Dera mbas blerimit

Back to archive top level