tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 11 09:50:11 1996

Re: KLBC: Questions on word translation

At 03.45 11/07/96 -0700, you wrote:
>qaSDI' 96-07-10 20:53:23 EDT, jatlh ghunchu'wI':
>
>[edited for brevity]> Andrea writes:
>>  >Surname (Family name)
>>  >Nationality
>>  >Date of Birth
>>  >Place of Birth
>>  >Date of issue
>>  >Date of expiry
>>  >Residence
>>  >sex
>>  >Height
>>  >color of eyes
>
>If you want to create a form which must be filled out, why not ask questions
>or give commands instead of using nouns:
>
>tuq pong yIghItlh:
>ghorgh bIbogh?
>nuqDaq bIbogh?
>ghorgh navvam Hevlu'?
>nuqDaq 'oH juHlIj'e'?

I was looking to find out some terms to use as labels in some kind of
possibile "Klingon ID card", if place them as questions would look strange
since the answer is already witten under it.

>etc.  I have a feeling a Klingon would take his knife, thrust it through the
>paper and into the table, and say, "Klingons do not do paperwork!"

Yes, I agree with you. But you must also agree with me that an organization
big as an Empire must have some kind of ID documents so it sounds normal to
me that there must be a way to describe this terms in Klingon. If you say
that we know only a part of the total Klingon dictionary, you're right , but
with recent canon souces such the TKW or new ST episodes maybe some of these
word that are missing in the TKD can come out.

Til next!

Andrea

Back to archive top level