tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 10 16:22:42 1996

Re: Naming {Mogh}

SuStel writes:
>> The canon example is {HeghqangmoHlu'pu'} "it made him/her willing to die".
>
>"One caused him to be willing to die."  ngeD.

The {-qang} part doesn't sit that easily with me.  I can't manage to get
it to connect firmly to the object of the verb; it keeps wanting to stay
with the subject in my mind.  I believe my problem is with trying to say
which of the other suffixes are affected by {-moH}.  In this example, it
obviously in supposed to make the {-qang} apply to the object, but there
were other examples that didn't work that well when I first tried to get
my head around it.  It was over a year ago; maybe I just "didn't get it"
back then, and I'm merely being gunshy now.