tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 09 00:50:50 1996

Email names etc in Klingon

  Captain 'aDI wrote:
> ... Question: how can I say: in ghogh1.wav at ftp.kli.org...(something ) Is
> it correct this way : ftp.kli.org Sambogh ghogh1.wav ..... ghogh1.wav which
> is located at ftp.kli.org. Should I append a -Daq after ftp.kli.org ? ...

  [email protected] (Alan Anderson) replied:-
> ... {ftp.kli.org-Daq ghogh1.wav tu'lu'bogh} ...

I would prefer a space after the email name: {ftp.kli.org -Daq ghogh1.wav
tu'lu'bogh}: so that people know what is part of the text that has to go into
the computer, and which not. Same as in English I put a space after any email
name or the like that happens to be immediately before punctuation. Same as,
if I happen to put a computer instruction in "quotes" next before punctuation:
thus: to get a compact list of the file names type "dir /w", I insist on the
comma or fullstop being OUTSIDE the quotes for clarity even if I must aim a
photon torpedo at the printer while he is doing the job.

Back to archive top level