tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 06 16:45:36 1996

Re: Lord of the Underworld

In a message dated 96-07-06 04:32:16 EDT, David Savill writes:

>I am trying to translate "Lord of the underworld" and I have come up with
>this....
>joHwI'watlhqo'
>
>Any comments/corrections/flamming nessisary would be great.

I'd try ghe'or joH.  If you must indicate an underground kingdom, let's look
at wutlh wo' joH.

Notes:  I have corrected the spelling from watlh to wutlh.  joH alone means
lord and joHwI' means my lord; so, I have dropped off the suffix -wI'.  I
have chosen wo' = empire instead of qo' = homeworld.  You may wish to stick
with qo'.  The biggest change is in choosing ghe'or = netherworld (where the
dishonored go) (TKD Addendum).  Finally, the word order of any noun-noun
construct is Noun 1 possesses Noun 2.  Thus, we get underworld's lord for the
proper word order in Klingon.

peHruS

Back to archive top level