tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 04 18:12:36 1996

Re: KLBC: jIlIHegh vIneH

At 09:13 AM 1/7/96 -0700, peHruS wrote:

>>[I can't fault your choice of words, but I encourage you to think carefully
>>about the meaning of this sentence.  When *I* see {yIn} I think "be alive"
>>instead of "reside"; many others don't have a problem with this, though.]
>
>jIQochbe'  'ach rapchuq "be alive" yIn je DaH 'e' vIghoHbe'     jIjegh rIntaH

Have you ever thought about {amSterDaq jIyIn} "I am alive in Amsterdam".
Also don't forget that "I am alive", in English, is almost the same as "I
live", which is what {yIn} means according to TKD, in tlhIngan Hol this may
be wrong, but this is often a mistake with Humans.

Qapla'

beHwI"av

Back to archive top level