tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 01 09:15:11 1996

Translation, can anyone help?

To Anyone who can help.

I work for a small computer games software company,  we are  currently
producing a 3d remake of the clasic SWIV (sequel to silkworm).  We
would like to include klingon as an internal language option
(selectable for ingame text, not sperate manual/box) and I was
wondering if anyone on this list can help me (or put me intouch with
anyone who can.)

I would like to know what restrictions there are in using the name
'Klingon' within a product.

how widely understod are the klingon character sets I have seen
people use,  most klingon text I have seen as been using the standerd
english text, is this acceptable?

I cannot myself speek or write klingon in the slightest,  I would
like to find a relatively experenced klingon speeker to do the
translation work for us.  Unfortunatly I cannot offer any cash for
this but I can offer a free copy of the game and a mention in the
credits.  Is anyone interested?  The amount of text that needs to be
translated will not be two great an amount, mainly labels in some of
the cut scenes - menu text and special weapon names for display on
screen.

James,

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
========[James Sharman]====================================================
Mobile: 0973 740457,  Home: 01705 753303
Here's a little present for you all,  four player action vga tron bikes
type game.  Keys: Player1:F1,F2  P2:F5,F6  P3:F9,F10  P40:(numpad)7,8

--[Cut-Here so begin is on a new line]--begin 775 bikes.com
MN`DUS2&T)5,&4+K,`<TAN!,`S1"X`*"B`1".P#/)`_H#U@'.`L$D!P00JN+Q
MOX#WN?X*N#`P\ZJYQ0"KJX''/`'B^#/`CMB*'FP$.AYL!'3Z#A\S]KT$`(N\
M[@$[_G12,\"'A#L0BYSP`3K%=0+^PSKE=0+^RX#C`XF<\`'0XP._Y@&S*0/>
M)[email protected]@=!")]S/))HH%.-AU`K`(JN+TBL.)O.X!JH''0`$FB@4D8'4!JH/&
M!$UUH*`!$#R`=`+K@E@?6LTAN`,`S1##4%/D8+L`$(K8)("`XW\T@"Z(![`@
`