tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 31 12:24:29 1996

Re: -wI'

> On 31 Jan 96 at 10:48, Bill Willmerdinger <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >  uu> 164.  There's no mention of "thing which is," and I didn't see
> >  any uu> examples of "thing which is" *or* "one who is."
> >
> > "Thing which is" is given in the suffix chart on page 168.  It's the
> > only reference I can find.
>
> That's it! That's the elusive reference we've all been looking for.
> Now unless Okrand made a boo-boo and wants to redefine it, this seems
> like a go ahead to me for words like beQwI' and all the rest.

THis is exactly my point. There is a reference to -wI' on a stative verb for
"one that is" . But does it carry the wieight to to use it as chISwI' for
"white man"?

>                                             maSqa'

david
--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level