tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 27 13:58:55 1996

Re: *rIyval* may' wa'DIch

tlhob charghwI''e' bong vImISmoHlaw'bogh:
>> tIq
>> tuj ghajbogh yonmoHbe'mo' mangbatlh, ngoj *rIyval*.

>nuqjatlh? "rIyval is restless because a soldier-honor does not
>cause a hot heart which is possessed to be captured."? qechvam
>vIyaj 'e' vInID 'ach loQ taQ qech.

You're reading into too much. Reival is restless because soldier-honor (i.e.,
the honor due a soldier as opposed to a higher ranking official) does not
*satisfy* (yon) the hot heart which he has / which is in him.

><tIqDaj tuj SevlaHtaHbe'mo' quvDaj, ngoj rIyval.> DaparHa''a'?
>qayaj'a'?

Good guess, but there's more to it than that. I hope no one takes too much
offense to my neologisms in this story. It is actually not meant to be as
mainstream as something like Hamlet or The Adventures of Cpt Krankor. It's
just of my own artistic inclination.

Guido

Back to archive top level