tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 24 20:33:56 1996

Re: chu' mu'mey nuqDaq vItu'laH'a'

'etlhqengwI' writes:
>> I don't know about *you*, but I would say {choQaHmeH ghaHvaD 'oH yI'ang}.
>
>That works, but doesn't "-vaD" still carry the sense of doing the
>showing "for" him, rather than just "to" him?

I think you are just getting hung up on an English word that doesn't
really carry any special meaning in this case.  It's another example
of how prepositions don't translate into Klingon.  Replace the words
"show" and {'ang} with "give" and {nob}, and see if the word "to" is
still bothering you.