tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 23 22:05:21 1996

Re: vocabulary questions

>1) a word for "road" or "street" (as in a concrete path for ground
>vehicles) -- does <He> ("course, route") work here?

It works in many contexts, but I don't think it ought to be extended to
mean the physical surface on which the wheels rest.  Unfortunately, the
best I have come up with is still bad enough that I'm not even going to
share it. :-/

>perhaps <baS He> "course of metal", "metal road"?

I've never liked using noun-noun for this particular meaning of
"X of Y" in English.  I interpret {baS He} as the route which the
metal travels.