tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 19 13:34:41 1996

Re: perpetual Today Is A ***** - summing-up {hopefully!}

FINALLY!!! An intelligent answer! THIS at least gives me some basis to work on.
Thanks! I appreciate someone actually getting down to the bare bones of the
whole debate.

> It was Worf.  He spoke the line, and people jumped on it as a piece
> of fine Klingon sentiment, worthy of translation into its "original"
> language.  Unfortunately, its grammar as presented is so completely
> un-Klingon that any simplistic translation comes out very ugly.  It
> is also not necessarily a really great thing for a Klingon to say.
>
> The recent fit of discussion was apparently triggered by Gowron, who
> mumbled something semi-intelligible in "Way of the Warrior" which Worf
> translated as the phrase in question.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

Doug "The MAD Klingon" Pandimen
aka Sergeant D'Karng "tlhIngan-dogh" K'Zharn, IKV QOQ'IQ/IKC De'wI'Daw
c/o: Jacen "The Jedi Twin" Cantwell
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Kanada
[email protected]

			* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Why for you bury me in the cold, cold ground..?"
			Tasmanian Devil, "Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies"

"Yeah, I hear they broke the mold, and then shot the sculptor..."
"Ye gods! I actually DON'T CARE!!! Wake me when it's over..."
			Ched Larynx, "The PanDimensional Impossiblist"

"My God! This parachute is REALLY a knapsack..!"
"Hey look! That monkey's got a Ross growing out of his ass!"
"Oh, sorry - you had a paleontologist on your face... But it's gone now, so
you're okay..."
"I think she's trying to tell us something... quick, get the verbs..."
			Chandler Bing, "Friends"

Back to archive top level