tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 21 15:26:52 1996

Re: Interview with Okrand

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996 peHruS wrote:
> So, which spelling/pronunciation are we accepting?
> 1) qagh TKD
> 2) ghaq (gaH) Picard
> 3) ghagh (gagh) MO interview

I vote for 1) qagh.  Although the dictionary does have a few mistakes,
it certainly seems more trustworthy in this case.  I am more willing to
believe the dictionary than the bad pronunciation of an actor playing a
character that didn't even grow up speaking Klingon.  I am also more
willing to believe the dictionary than the unedited/unspell-checked
on-the-spot typings of Okrand (who is not fluent).  Although 2 or 3 could
be explained as dialectal differences, I assume that "the Emperor's
tongue" uses the first version.

janSIy

Back to archive top level