tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 16:18:56 1996

Re: KLBC> HaDIbaHpu` l

> On that note I have proposed/considered translating
> "Whats up?" as {chay' bIghoS}. Literally "You do you proceed?"
> But feedback from others indicated that it's a bit ambigous and
> idiomatic.
>
> OTOH if we were to say "Now what?" I think that could be translated
> as {DaH chay' maghoS} literally "Now, how do we proceed?"
>
> Feedback?

I assume that you have a reason for asking the question, and are not just
making conversation.  If you really wanted to find out what was happening,
you could say {qaSta' nuq} or {qaS nuq}.  You're sure to get a satisfactory
reply.

I believe the word {ghoS} refers to motion, and not to something that you do.
 If this is the case, then your constructions don't really work.  I agree
with those who say it's idiomatic.  Try {ruch}.

SuStel
Hovjaj 96123.1

Back to archive top level