tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 12 21:36:29 1996

Re: KLBC Preguntas

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996 [email protected] wrote:
> Actually, percents can go a long way.  It won't let you write
> scientific papers in Klingon, but for most conversations it should do
> nicely.  Has someone been trying to express an unusual fraction?
> Something like a third may be weird, but isn't {wejmaH wejvatlhvI'}
> sufficient?  (I know, I know, a Klingon is "never approximate.")

Actually this in not approximate, just inaccurate.  I think the point of
the "never approximate" statement is that a Klingon would never say
something like, "It's about 33%."  They would simply say, "It's 33%," and
let you deal with trying to figure out of it's actually 1/3 or exactly
33/100.

janSIy

Back to archive top level