tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 25 15:54:00 1996

Re: Klingon Opera

> David Barron ghItlh
> >
> > Yes, I have written a Klingon Opera. It is now being put to music by
> > a very good musician and Klignon enthusiast named Tom Twohy.
> >
> > Because it is unfinished I won't be willing to give it out.
>
> What!  No hints at all?  Can you at least say what the opera is called?

It is called <qang> and refers the name of one of the main characters.

Ok, brief synopsis:

It circles arround a young warrior who holds dieing in battle as a high
honor. His mentor <qang> comes in from a victorious battle and later dies
in bed with a woman. The yound warrior is distraught, of course, and the
remainder of the opera is about how he gets his wits about him in order to
proceed with his life as a warrior.

It has some great oppertunies at both comedy and drama.

I shall say no more; Hovmey jatlh bIjatlhpa'

> > SuSvaj

DaraQ
--
 David Barron,  [email protected] ||       Hoch lup yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course      ||       qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level