tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 24 10:54:51 1996

Re: Need help for a translation

> >Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 23:33:31 -0800
> >From: Rimy Villeneuve <[email protected]>
> >
> >*name of the klingon woman* I love you and I want to be closer to you.
>
> Hoo boy.  This really has to find its way into the FAQ.
>
> Um... "*name*, bangwI' SoH, 'ej SoHDaq jIchol vIneH"?
>
> 'course, it sort of sounds like "I want to close in on you to get better
> leverage or a better attack"...
     Judging from what PK tells us of Klingon mating customs, I'd say
that sounds like a pretty good translation. :)

taDI'oS vIq, law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| gules on a saltire argent voided azure |                           |
| thirteen mullets of the second. Yeeha. | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |