tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 19 06:10:26 1996

typo indeed!

Joel Peter Anderson writes:
>I'd meant to say tlhIjtaHghachmey

But why would someone want to twist the word {tlhIj} so severely?
Klingon is much less strained if verbs are permitted to remain verbs.
If the English word "apologies" hadn't been written after it, I would
have tried to translate it as "ongoing apologizings".

Words like {tlhIjtaHghach} and {tlhobtaHghach} are usually immediate
clues to a sentence having been written using English grammar and
vocabulary, and then translated rather directly into tlhIngan Hol.
Please, everyone, if you find yourself using a lot of {-ghach} as you
write, make the effort to reword the sentences to use verbs instead.

{jItlhIj} "I apologize" is just so much more straightforward to say,
and so much easier to understand than {tlhIjtaHghachmey} "apologies".

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level