tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 19 02:00:07 1996

Re: KLBC: SIStaH 'ej jIbom

>> P.S. I'm trying to translate a song, bet you know the lyrics...
>>
>> SISDaq jIbomtaH
>> SISDaq jIbomtaH neH
>> *???*
>> jIQuchqa'
>>
>> Can anyone help me translate the middle line? I can't work out anything
>>there!
>
>What's that {neH} doing there (I think I know the lyrics correctly).  Also,
>{SIS} is a verb, not a noun.
>
>SIStaH 'ej jIbom,
>SIStaH 'ej jIbom.
>SIStaH 'e' vItIvbej,
>jIQuchqa'bejqu'!
>
>(Just getting the syllables a little closer.)

I used {neH} trying to mean "just", you know, "just singin' in the rain..." I don't know if this will break the metric, but could I say

SIStaH 'ej jIbom,
SIStaH 'ej jIbom meH.
SIStaH 'e' vItIvbej,
jIQuchqa'bejqu'!

Qapla'
Mago

P.S. I start Xmas holidays tomorrow, so I think I'll unsubscribe temporarly from the mail list... I just don't feel like having 1275 unread messages by January :)!

Back to archive top level