tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 18 12:34:51 1996

Re: mek'leth

>Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 11:33:36 -0800
>From: McReynolds <[email protected]>
>
>Someone said that they used {meqleH} as an unofficial spelling of
>Mek'leth, a Klingon knife.  Givin all of the transliterations we've seen
>before, {meqletlh} seems more fitting.  judging by "Power Klingon" and
>The Klingon CD-ROM Language Lab, the pronunciation of {tlh} is much
>closer to {th} than that of {H}.

Well and good, except we know that the Klingon word "betleH" in Paramount
pronunciation is bat'telh or something, and is pronounced "batlith."  So
there's really no telling.  Best we can say is that mekleth isn't in the
tlhIngan Hol lexicon yet, so we don't know its spellng, if it has one.

~mark

Back to archive top level