tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 13 12:16:32 1996

Re: FW: NEW VIRUS

> "if anyone receives mail entitled: PENPAL GREETIGS!  - delete it without
> reading it !!!  This message appears to be a friendly letter asking you
> if you are interested in a penpal, but by the time you read this letter,
> it is too late.  The trojan horse virus will have already infected the
> boot sector of your hard drive , destroying all of the data present.

	ghobe'!!!  This does not happen.

	Any messages like this you should completely ignore altogether.
There is no virus in existence that can do a damned thing to your computer
by just sending it as a text file.  It's ludicrous, it's impossible, and
it just doesn't happen.  Whoever starts these rumours just likes making
people (who mean well but aren't 100% informed - who is?) look foolish.

	jatlh vImevta'.

 / _ \                                   \         ** Andrew Netherton **
 \__)|        "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"         \ __     jo'Sqa, tlhIngan SuvwI'
     \      I came, I saw my cousin.      |(_ \   Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level