tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 12 15:37:08 1996

New alphabet

I wanted to announce that I'm going to start working on a new (definately
unofficial) Klingon alphabet, just for fun. It will have a seperate
character for each of the following:

"Krobstints"-

b, ch, D, gh, H, j, l, m, n, ng, p, q, Q, r, rgh, S, t, tlh, v, w, y, '

"Vowbles"-

a, aw, ay, e, ey, I, Iy, o, oy, u

"Globtals"-

a', aw', ay', e', ey', I', Iy', o', oy', u'

Glottals at the beginning of a word are not written. Glottals preceding a
vowel and following a constonant within a word use the glottal character.
Vowels followed by a glottal use a globtal instead. All of the standard
letters except the "'" will use the KLI's mapping, but new characters will
be added for the new letter groupings.

NOTE: THIS IS COMPLETELY UNOFFICIAL. IT IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO MARC OKRAND,
THE KLI, OR PARAMOUNT. THE CHARACTER GROUP NAMES ABOVE ARE NOT THE SAME AS
MARK SHOULSON'S.

Any comments, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. TIA, or
qatlho' bIjangpa'!

-HurghwI'
Hovjaj 96950.0

Back to archive top level