tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 06 07:34:14 1996

KBLC: <ghor>

> What does the sentence {ghor taj} mean?  Does it mean that the knife causes
> something to be made into pieces, or does it mean that the knife itself
> becomes several pieces?

	Notwithstanding what Okrand says in TKD, can't we tell just by the
placement of <taj> as the subject and not the object?  Were the knife to
make itself break, wouldn't it become <taj ghor 'oH>?

	BTW, what *would* <ghor taj> mean?  I'm still not 100% sure.

  / _ \                                     \        ** Andrew Netherton **
  \__)|         "VENI, VIDI VINNIE"          \ __    University of Waterloo
      \       I came, I saw my cousin.       |(_ \      Ontario, Canada

Back to archive top level