tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 04 15:11:13 1996

RE: Sorry this is so long! (was KLBC: on naming convention)

jatlh SuStel:

>> >qaD Dapar'a'?  wejpuH!
>>
>> Hobe'. Hoch qaD vImuSHa'! {{;)}
>
>yIjatlh <ghobe'>.  *<Hobe'> yIjatlhQo'.

Qu'vatlh!

>> qapumbe'! ghuHmoHwI'lIj vIlaj, 'ach chomISpu'.
>
><chomISmoH> yIjatlh.  Is there any reason you use the aspect markers so much?
>It seems to me that you're confusing them with tense.

I use them whenever I would use have, had, etc. in English.

>> *tHtg* (tlhIngan Hol taghwI'
>> ghom)
>
>Ugh.  Don't do this.

I just realized that if I were to do this, I should make it tlh.H.t.gh. anyway.

>> poQwI' ("rules")
>
>chutmey

toH. I couldn't find it.

>> >If you've got the two nouns, one the possessor and the other being
>possessed,
>> >you don't need the suffix {-Daj}.
>>
>> I know, but I used it to make clear the purpose of the noun-noun
>combination.
>
>It doesn't work that way.  Even in English, you can't say "Kruge's his ship."
>Pick one and one only.

jIyaj

-HurghwI'
Hovjaj 96926.6