tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 02 14:37:44 1996

Re: Embedded wh-questions

ghItlh Holtej:

> There's a question that's been gnawing at me for a while...
> Now, what I'm wondering is, how do we say, "who do you think the officer
> hit?"

Time now permits ...

{'Iv 'oH ghot'e' qIpbogh yaS 'e' DaQub ?}

(You think that the person which the officer hit is who?)

But would it be legal ??

I like it when someone asks a question like this. It makes me think. I can't
wait for the offical resolution ...

nI'jaj yInlIj, 'ej batlh bIHeghjaj.

Qorbeq

--