tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 29 06:42:39 1996

Re: KLBC: Some simple sentences

According to Alan Anderson:

> Eskil Heyn Olsen writes:
> >Restaurant :
> >
> >1. qa'vIn SaH'a' ?             Is there coffee ?
>
> Since the object comes before the verb in a Klingon sentence, I read
> this as "Does he care about coffee?"  Turn it around: {SaH'a' qa'vIn}
> means "Is coffee present?"

This looks good, though there is more canon to support:

qa'vIn tu'lu''a'?

I think this would be a more common Klingon idiom for stating
the intended meaning. After all, the presence of coffee is
ineffective if no one finds it. {{:)

Pardon this comment on a good response to the questions...

> -- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

charghwI'
--
reH lugh charghwI' net Sov.

Back to archive top level