tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 17 06:03:34 1996

Spam, spam, spam, spam, KLBC and spam.

 uu> bom Qob:
 >{qagh, qagh, qagh, qagh}
 >{qagh, qagh, qagh, qagh}
 >{'IHtaH qagh! DunbejtaH qagh!}
 >
 >It works for us.  <g>

 uu> jIHvaD je Qap!

maj!

 >.. reH tlhIngan Hol yejHaD taHjaj

 uu> But this doesn't.  {taHjaj} is the verb; {tlhIngan Hol yejHaD} is the
 uu> subject. We just recently found out that {yejHaD} is indeed a valid
 uu> word; I don't think we can count this as a "misordered" ritual toast.
 uu> Fix it and try again.

I've had that in my tagline file ever since Lawrence told me about {yejHaD}
better than a year ago, when it was still "unofficial."

I understand the special circumstances that concern the O-S-V word order of
toasts, and don't (normally) create such sayings; I made an exception in the
case of this one (it seemed appropriate at the time).  I will accept
punishment with an agonizer set up to Level Three, but no higher <g>.

| Lieutenant Commander Qob vestai-qutvaj                     |          |
| Commanding Officer, Imperial Klingon Vessel Crystal Dagger |  NOR     |
| Quadrant Adjutant, Northern Quadrant, Dark Moon Fleet, KAG |  QUAD    |
| Member of the Klingon Language Institute Since 1993        |  ROCKS   |
| Moderator: Fidonet KAG Echo     Bill Willmerdinger @ 1:2613/477.1701  |
|                                 [email protected]   |

... Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam.  It's official!!!!

Back to archive top level