tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 15 21:20:04 1996

Re: Five elements

macheq writes:
>I need the names of five elements:
>Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Aether.
>
>I have found only "qul" and "bIQ", I don't think "tera'" will do.
>what about "air"?

A slow walk through the vocabulary would do you a lot of good. :-)
Try {yav} "ground" and {muD} "atmosphere".

>Aether (might be also "emptiness" or "empty space")
>do you think I can use "chImlogh" as one word?

No, I don't think that's a good word at all.  We have no rules for how
to combine nouns and verbs, and it's in the wrong order for the meaning
you want anyway.

What do you think about {'evnagh} "subspace"? :-)