tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 12 07:38:57 1996

Re: Tasty, nice ... etc

>Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 00:30:58 -0700
>From: [email protected]

>This a language discussion listserv.  Your foul words have no place on it.
> Therefore, the SYSOP is notified to revoke your privilege to use America
>Online.

A clever plan, but for two flaws: (1) I've found from experience that the
AOL folks don't respond to complaints about abuse no matter how polite you
are and (2) the person involved doesn't even USE America Online, so being
forbidden from it would be sort of like telling me I couldn't drive my
Rolls Royce for the rest of the year (I don't have one, and don't seem
likely to have one before that time has elapsed).  Otherwise, a plan.

I *have* had that address removed from the mailing list, though.

>Good-bye and good riddance.

On this, we can agree.

~mark

Back to archive top level