tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 11 12:23:00 1996

Re: KLBC & vocabulary

ur-valhalla!goodguy.goodnet.com!faber (Faber) wrote:

> skimming through TKD and I came across Earth as *tera'* and the word
> for terran is *tera'ngan*, also the word for Romulus is *romuluS* and
> Romulan is *romuluSngan*.  Wouldn't this make the word for Klingon
> *tlhingan* and the word for Qo'nos *tlhi*.  Just a thought.

You should note that TKD also lists "Human" for human, in addition to
the tera'ngan/Terran entry.  "Terran" is really a designation for
residence (or origin), not species.  My pet Sea Monkeys are tera'ngan,
but not Human.

--
 joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
   mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'

Back to archive top level