tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 09 07:53:36 1996

Re: My list of names

"Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Illegal names:

> >* vortInbraS, Fortinbras
> >   -nbr- : three consonants other than legal in the middle

> I *STILL* don't have my copy in hand, but at least in the online Hamlet
> from which it is derived (which I edited), the name is "vortIbraS", which
> you will note does not have a triple-consonant cluster.  We thought of
> that.  Is it otherwise in the printed version?

I don't know, I still have only the online version.
Well, I assume, I have made the mistake of not checking the online version
of Hamlet, but only relying on the "list of names".

> Note that many of the other names you list are nonce-respellings, and I
> wouldn't consider them true proposed Klingonizations of the English (or
> other) names.

Well, if something is being made public, I consider it a proposal.
Otherwise it should have been written: The words marked with *...*
are proposed but not truly. };-)

Back to archive top level