tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 08 12:18:29 1996

Using English or slang?

JorgeOrdaz Canales wrote:

> (er... that soundz p'lite; ain't think a Klingon should sound that
> way.  (...)
> Apart from being some kindda lurker, I've got A LOT of things to do apart
> from I-net; so, I come 'round once or twice a week. BTW, my English stinks
> 'cause I learnt it by
> myself (by intercepting Fed-subspace transmissions). Yep, I'm crazy.
> "Troubles", "Troublema" or the very ultimate "Ordaz". E-mail-me for dating,
> or hang 'round 'ere on Fri or Sat. (...)
> 'Ere U have:

Some other try also to write this way from time to time.

Hey, I understand you are getting so tired with using standard and correct
tlhIngan-Hol that you lack force for standard English };-)

But this is supposed to be a Klingon list. Please show off with your
knowledge of all varieties of slang and non-standard English for some
other alt.linguistics.English.slang group. and let let the others
concentrate on your tlhIngan Hol instead.

When I subscribed to the list I received the following message

>From: [email protected]
>Subject: SUBSCRIBE TLHINGAN-HOL MACIEJ ST. ZIEBA

>         - Messages about Klingon, written in English
> (...)
> It's best that these discussions are done in
> English so that everyone can follow them easily.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here "Everyone" means also those non-Americans.
Co byscie powiedzieli, gdybym od czasu do czasu wstawil pare slow po polsku?
of in het Nederlands?
haishi Zhongwen de?
Ou meme si j'ecrivais en francais? 'ach tera'ngan ghar Hol veransI'!

(what would you say if I wrote a few words in Polish, form time to time?
or in Duch?
or in Chinese?
or even if I wrote in French? ('ach tera'ngan ghar Hol veransI'!))

By courtesy - use English, not slang.

macheq

lasciate ogni speranza voi qu'entrate