tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 30 07:45:29 1995

Re: Last chance for a klingon sword.. the price in message.

According to Kevin A. Geiselman, Knight Errant:

> Anyway, what I want to say is, leave the blade body somewhat dull, the
> 'brushed' finish and, with a file, bevel the edge.  Something less than
> 1cm.  Polish this edge to a fine shine.  This gives the illusion on a
> sharp edge.

qeSlIj QaQ vIlaj. mIwlIj vInID 'e' vIHech.

> I have cast the knife-thing that Worf had in "Way of the Warrior"
> (although I don't think I've gotten the shape just right.  It's not easy
> using a freeze frame and tracing paper.)  Once I get some more work on it
> the brushed look with the fine polish beveled edge will look great.

You might want to check out an item called "The Phoenix", which
is a mass-produced item of high quality including a remarkably
sharp blade and those two spring-loaded wings with a
thumb-switch.

None of that is to discourage you from acquiring the pride and
honor of making your own taj.

> Kordite

charghwI'
--