tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 20 08:33:05 1995

Re: commas

According to Anthony Curran:

> In a previous post, charghwI' stated,
>
> >Note that we now have canon useage of commas, thanks to HolQeD.
>
> I'm not sure we needed the blessing of canon for our use of commas.  The
> orthography we use when we write tlhingan Hol is not Klingon orthography,
> for which there is no official canon, but a romanized version of what we
> intend to say.  The symbols indicate pronunciation, and a comma is used to
> indicate a pause.

While this is true, we had no canon to indicate that a Klingon
would pause at such a point in a sentence. The canon both
serves to allow us to use commas and shows that a dependent
clause can be spoken with such a pause.

> qo'ran

charghwI'
--