tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 19 08:33:37 1995

Re: Re[2]: Klingon sword pictures

>Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 18:38:52 -0700
>From: David Barron <[email protected]>

>> >Duh, the names of them are daraq1.jpg daraq2.jpg daraq3.jpg
>> >
>> >Jim
>>
>> Well I found the file names in the "incoming" folder at the ftp site.  But my
>> Netscape program can't download them yet. (It's about 5:30 EST but we're on
>> daylight savings time, so I have no idea what the acronym is.)  I'll try again
>> tomorrow.

>The sysop of the KLI site (I believe is ~mark) has to sort allthe stuff
>in the incoming directory and put it into the GIFs dir. before anyone
>can download them.

This is so, and I've done it (finally).  It is on purpose that you can't
download things from the incoming directory.  (if you run your own ftp
sites you might want to make sure of this yourself).  Otherwise, you're
basically providing free ftp space and service to anyone with anything to
put up (Spampost: Hey, everyone, I just uploaded my collection of child
pornography to ftp.kli.org/incoming!  Download it quick!).  You can get in
a lot of trouble, or at least get a lot of nasty messages, before you can
get rid of stuff like that.

~mark

Back to archive top level