tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 17 02:07:57 1995

Re: Looking for warriors

yI' Ij

 - On Sat, 14 Oct 1995 10:35:17 -0700, Joyce P. Deckler said :

  > I saw the movie "Babette's Feast" on tv and I thought the Danish
  > language sounded cute. It has a sort of clippity-cloppity rhythm

Thanks, thats one of the nicer things I've heard about danish, but
then again, you heard older danish, not nowadays Copenhagen-accent.

  > to it.  Definitely someone in Denmark should learn Klingon and

QIt tlhInhan Hol vIghojlI' 'ej *denmark*Daq jIH

  > spend the rest of his life translating Hamlet (the Dane).  Or
  > better yet, Beowulf.  --Joyce Deckler

Hamlet has been (mostly) translated. I remember someone started with
the first 20 lines or of Beowulf. Does anybody know if it grew into a
steady translation project ?

--
| Eskil Heyn Olsen   |  This signature (send money) contains no (send money) |

Back to archive top level