tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 30 15:11:10 1995

Review of translations

I recently read on alt.startrek.klingon that someone
is hoping to collect all the translated stories of
the fictional character Sherlock Holmes and they
want to have some of the stories in tlhinga Hol.

This is a noble a flattering effort but it caused me to
think about how such works can be critiqued.

I recently submitted an original work to several talented
"Klingonists" for review. All but one, the honorable Nick
Nicolas, was able/willing to put forth the effort.
This tells me that there are probably far too few talented
Klingonist out there to review all the works we would
like to have published. (THis also assumes that
there are enough completed works ready for review.)

Let's just assume for a moment that there are
10 translated/original tlhIngan Hol works ready to
get reviewed. Can we do it?

The notorius delays of "Hamlet" indicate that we have
fairly limited resorces to take on such a task. I hope
I am wrong.

I would like to get some feedback, in this forum, indicating
that there *is* a way to effectivly review submitted works
for publication.

Can we /Should we submit them to this list for review?

DaH jIjatlh 'e' vImev..

david

---
 * OFFLINE 1.58 * Zen Monk to Hot Dog vender: "Make me one with everything."

Back to archive top level