tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 21 06:45:41 1995

Re: jIlIH(')egh, etc.

On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, Christian Matzke wrote:

> Similar question: what plural suffix should be used on qa' (spirit)?
> qa'pu' fits with the Klingon idea that the body is merely a shell,
> while the true person is the spirit.
> qa'Du' works since the spirit is part of the person.
> qa'mey seems as wrong IMO. Anyone else have a suggestion?
>
>                                     maSqa'

Well, if the body is merely a shell, then any body part is a part of the
shell, while the spirit is not--it is the true person, then you'd have to
use -pu'. -Du' would be wrong. IMHO. (Am I making sense here, or
rambling? ;)

I guess the test is: Can we say that a spirit is a being which uses language?

tlheghmeQ

Back to archive top level