tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 21 01:48:31 1995

Re: Calendar Ideas

>The words for seasons
>would be eventually borrowed from one planet or another in the course of
>conduct of the business of the Empire, I should think, adopted, of course,
>from some planet whose axis IS tilted.  On the other hand, the question as
>to whether Qo'noS has seasons is a valid one.  Has a season ever been
>mentioned in an episode or movie?

TKD pp9-10 says "There are certainly more Klingon words than those listed
here.
... words..... are unrepresented:  scientific terminology; words for native
tools, ucstoms, flora, and fauna; and vocabulary dealing with food.  Terms
associated with the various scineces are the subject of a special study, and
a report is currrently being prepared.  KLingon words for traditional tools
and long-standing customs are difficult to translate into English.  Native
plants and animals are likewise difficult to comprehend at the present time.
 Such matters will be fully elucidated in the forthcoming Klingon
Encyclopedia."

HachtaHjaj tlhIngan Hol yajtaHghach

peHruS

Back to archive top level