tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 14 20:35:26 1995

Re: wov etc.

On Sat, 11 Nov 1995, Christian Matzke wrote:

> We can all get the post-TKD words from back issues of HolQeD, but
> what about more subtle additions to our vocabulary (i.e. new
> definitions of old terms)?
>      I am under the impression that we learned in the Hallmark ad
> that wov could be used as a noun. I believe the sentance began: "wov
> Qapchu'...". Is this not so?

I don't think it was ever definitively decided what was said.  I would
like to see the script published in HolQeD, so we can tell exactly what
was said.

>     I have also heard that Okrand created a new adverb from a regular
> verb for one of the trading cards. Does anyone know what it was?

motlh (usually) (from trading card SP3)

>     I agree with the statement that it is best for us to look through
> and copy down the words in HolQeD instead of having them handed to
> us. But other words, such as the ones listed above have never been
> explicitly stated in HolQeD. Does anybody have a list of these
> terms? I think they should be listed, as they won't be so easily
> picked out as new words and could lead to some confusion.

For the most part, I haven't observed a lot of  radical new meanings to old
words.  You can still tell what is being said.

>                                    maSqa'

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level