tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 14 09:40:05 1995

Re: Is there a KLI program

According to [email protected]:

> >I wouldn't look for one, not for some decades at least.  Last I
> heard, humans have just barely managed to teach computers to translate
> between similar languages like English and Spanish or French, and even then
> the results arn't all that great
> --Mark E. Shoulson
>
> I know, I have a french one, and it /REALLY/ messes up on the grammer.  IMO
> (and my French teachers )o=)

Even if we DID have a program which could perfectly translate
between well formed Klingon and English, it would likely be
unable to handle much of what is written here.

DIVI' Hol lo'lu'meH tlhIngan Holna' mughlaHchu'bogh De'wI''e'
wIghajta'chugh vaj chaq jabbI'IDmeymaj puS yaj, 'ach
jabbI'IDmeymaj law' yajlaHta'be' 'oH. pIj maQagh.

pIj jIQagh 'ach jIDub 'e' vItul. reH maDubtaH.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \