tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 08 18:24:36 1995

Re[6]: ranks and titles (was Suppletion)

r'Hul writes:
>I think that could be it.  <puqbe'> (and <puqloD>) seem to be one of the few
>compound nouns where the second noun describes the first.  i.e. type of
>child.

Why must {puqbe'} be a type of child?  It's just as reasonable to think
that it's a type of female.  Can't we think of {puqloD} as primarily a
male?  It's just an "offspring" kind of male.

(Maybe ~mark will *blink* again. :-)