tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 08 07:45:04 1995

Re: Sign languages

On  7 Nov 95 at 17:39, Anthony Curran wrote:

> What we might be forgetting is that sign languages are not only for the
> deaf.  Both hunters and warriors use signs to communicate with their
> comrades.  I remember from Linguistics 101 that it has been suggested that
> sign languages may have preceded spoken languages on Earth.  A warrior
> society like the Klingons may indeed have sign languages of which Worf is
> ignorant.

Or perhaps it is just that some of the critical signs are "rude" in
the Federation......

Garrett Michael Hayes            [email protected]
Client/Server Labs               http://www.cslinc.com
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332
Atlanta, GA 30350
770-552-3645 voice               770-993-4667 fax

Back to archive top level