tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 06 07:00:20 1995

Re: A Klingon terzina

> While in London, I had a brief liaison with a woman, to whom, a few
> weeks later, I wrote a crown of sonnets in English. (A crown of sonnets
> is a sequence of 15 sonnets; the first sonnet starts with the first line
> of the 15th, and end with the 2nd line of the 15th; the second sonnet
> starts with the 2nd line of the 15th, and end with the 3rd; and so on,
> until the 14th sonnet.) It had the following terzina as a proem, which
> I'm sending to you for your delectation as my first (!) original Klingon
> work.

Nick (and others),
there is the Klingon Writing Project that is looking for original works
just like this.

Keep it up and submit it to the KWP~

> PROEM
>
> raHel! raHel! qaratlhmoHmeH qapong;
> HutHu' qatlheDmo'. DaH Hut Hogh vIchel,
> 'ej wej matay'. jIHvaD Dach yablIj 'ong;
> --

Bela!

Bravo!

'IH!

> Nick Nicholas. Linguistics, University of Melbourne. In Greece until Feb. '96.
>             Normally:     [email protected]
>      TEMPORARILY (until end of '95): [email protected]

david
--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level