tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 24 18:50:03 1995

Re: What's wrong with "which"?

According to Alan Anderson:

> One of the items I keep seeing on the "Ask Okrand" list has
> something to do with questions using the word "which".  I'm
> not sure what the trouble is.  Can someone give me an example
> of a sentence which has this problem?

wejpuH.

"Which weapon should I use to destroy the sarcastic human?" We
have no question word that can fulfill this grammatical
function. It is an adjective. All of our question words are
adverbials or nouns (except {'ar}, which is hardly useful as a
word for "which").

The closest I can come to working around this is to turn the
question into an order to choose the weapon. The more often I
do this, the more comfortable I become with the solution. It
does seem rather Klingon, after all...

> -- ghunchu'wI'

charghwI'
--