tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 19 15:22:14 1995

Re: KLBC

: I have a friend on America Online who is a romance novelist.  She is working
: on a storyline for two klingon characters in which she wishes them, in
: tlhIngan Hol, to express love for one another, ie.  The typical "I love you"
: sequence we as humans have come to expect.

toH!!!  Not this AGAIN!  Can we put this in a FAQ or something?

:
: Bang qaHotvaD.

Hot = touch, feel

This means something you do with your hands, not a feeling, so it doesn't fit...

We've had many discussions about this... it's even in HolQeD (the only one in
which my name appears!)

The answer is.. there isn't a good answer...

-majIq

Back to archive top level